Gluten-Free Meatballs

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 AnnMarie Brown 4 Comments

I wanted to make some meatballs something we haven't had in months because I used to take the lazy way out and buy them instead of making them but now due to my daughter having Celiac Disease I must make them... so I will be making them Gluten Free. And I decided to make a double batch so we could have meatballs for another day.

2 lbs Lean Ground Beef
2/3 cup Gluten-Free bread crumbs (I used GF crushed Rice Krispies)
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons GF Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons Parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 eggs

Place all ingredients in a bowl. (I used my Kitchen Aid mixer to mix them but you can use your hands too)




Form into 1 1/2 inch balls. (I used the cookie scooper so they would all be the same size)

Put in a greased baking dish.





Cook at 400*F for 15 minutes.




If freezing them like I am doing let them cool completely and label before freezing.

4 comments:

  1. just made (a variation of this) meatballs - enough for 3 meals (for my family) I think

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the recipe, never though about crushing GF Rice Krispies and using them. Will give it a try next time I make up a batch of meatballs. (Judy Cowan)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks I will have to try this. I would never have thought of using rice krispies. But such a great wheat free idea!@

    ReplyDelete