DIY Deodorant

Friday, February 17, 2012 AnnMarie Brown 15 Comments

I love making my own beauty products and not just because to buy them can get expensive but I also like to know the ingredients that I am putting on my body. Last week I ventured into the land of making my own Deodorant and so far I love it!!!


Ingredients:
1/4 c organic coconut oil
1/4 c arrowroot powder
1/4 cup (aluminum free) baking soda
5+ drops pure essential oil of your choice (really how many depends on how strong you want it)

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together to form a paste. 
Put in a wide mouth jar. (similar to above)
Put it in the fridge for up to 1 hour to set. (I didn't need to do this I just left it on the counter)

If you find this recipe leave you feeling dry, feel free to add more coconut oil, 1 tablespoon at a time, until you have reached your desired consistency. 

This recipe could also be put into empty sterilized deodorant containers if you melt about 1 tablespoon grated bees wax with the coconut oil in the beginning. 

To use just put on with fingertips.



Cost is approximately $1.50/batch

So far I can say that it really lasts a long time. I will update when I finally run out so you will know how long it lasts.