Microwave PlayDoh

Monday, January 30, 2012 AnnMarie Brown 5 Comments



1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup salt
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 cup water
1 tbsp oil
food colouring

Mix all dry ingredients together.
Dry ingredients
Add oil, water and food colouring. Mix dry and wet ingredients thoroughly together.

after first 30 seconds
Microwave on HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. (mine took about 3minutes 30 seconds)

This is what is looks like right before kneading

Let cool and knead. Store in airtight container after cooled and when not in use.

NOTE: when it is cooling it does get a little dry but I just knead it once it is cool again and then it is all nice and smooth again for the kids to play with.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I think we'll try this later this week. It's been ages since we played with playdough. My girls are getting a little older but I'm sure they'll still have fun with it (or at least I will). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok this is the best - I must try that out tomorrow! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this the other day! Great recipe. I linked your post on my blog. Thanks so much for your great tips!
    :) Jen

    http://myleilaland.blogspot.com/2012/02/toddler-recipe-microwave-playdough.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jen Jeff

    thanks so much for linking back to my post... greatly appreciated... your daughter is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, I will have to give this a try for the next time my niece or nephew is over visiting. (Judy Cowan)

    ReplyDelete