Building a Frugal Pantry - Part 1

Sunday, June 05, 2011 AnnMarie Brown 0 Comments

I am all for stocking up a pantry of items but I am even more about doing it frugally. In the day and age where everything seems to be going up accept our income I have decided to fill my pantry as frugally as possible. Making it so most everyone can do this without a huge impact on money.

Breakfast ideas:
  • Waffles (all ingredients together in a bag ready to go)
  • Pancakes
  • English muffins
  • Bagels
  • make my own instant oatmeal
  • breakfast burritos
I will be posting recipes I have used to make the following to stock up my pantry I also plan to add pictures so you can see how I store everything.

Make my own instant oatmeal

  • 1/4 cup quick oats
  • 1 teaspoon milk powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Add about 6 tablespoons of hot water to the oatmeal but we like is thick in this house to add water to preference.

I found an English Muffin recipe I will be trying from The Happy Housewife. This recipe looks so good I can't wait to make them.

0 comment luv: