Life's magic is everywhere, even in the places that seem wrinkled!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 AnnMarie Brown 3 Comments

1968 - Chatham, ON

Do you ever look in the mirror and wonder when did all those wrinkles get there? Or better yet who the heck is that looking back at me? Come on admit it. All of us at one time or another look in the mirror and wonder what happened.

In our trying to be young and youth centered culture it seems like aging is something to so taboo. Well news flash getting older is going to happen. Yep we are all going to get older every year, heck every day.. even every minute. From our first breathe we are here to experience, grow and evolve into the person we are going to be. How cool is that to look at aging that way.

I think of all the children I know and how they can't wait to get to that next year. And even I as a child couldn't wait to be 6 when I was 5 and I would daydream about blowing out those candles on my cake and how wonderful 6 would be but as we get to our 30's and 40's.. (I can only relate so far as I am 44) we want to hang on to our younger years forever. We walk in total denial that we are aging.
My parents, brother and I. 1968 - Chatham, ON


Not me! I embrace the aging process and  who I am evolving to be. It wasn't until a year ago that I noticed some wrinkles... but you know... instead of getting depressed about it I looked at it like this Life's magic is everywhere, even in the places that seem wrinkled!

So I end with  Happy Birthday to me.. and a few pictures from my childhood days!!! Aww those days without responsibility now that is something I could relive just for one day.

Enjoy each day and live it to the fullest!!!


1974 - London, ON




December 1985 - London, ON

2011 - My Family Photo


So Happy Birthday to all those celebrating and remember embrace who you are and how far you have come.

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday and best wishes to you. Mines just past a week ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That outfit you were wearing in 1974 is so awesome. I'd dress my kids in that TODAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @LJ
    It was one of my favorite outfits growing up

    ReplyDelete