Images forever in my mind

Sunday, September 11, 2011 AnnMarie Brown 1 Comments

don't think I can ever get the images of 9/11 out of my mind. They are there forever as much as I would like to forget that day and pretend it never happened. I will never forget where I was that day. I was sitting in my family room watching CNN like I always do every morning before my husband and I were to head out to do errands. The news footage switched to the towers and I remember screaming and my husband running down the stairs to see what was wrong with me. I was speechless, I couldn't speak and then I started to cry! Still in shock my husband made me leave the TV and do our errands.

I do remember having computer problems and calling a friend in PA .... and just saying I am having computer problems and I am so sorry for what happened. Little did I know she had no idea what I was talking about when she got the message.



I still to this day do not have any words of wisdom about this day. I am just sorry and not just sorry for the USA but sorry for the all man kind. This truly had changed everything!



To everyone who was effected by this tragedy I am truly sorry. I will never forget!



1 comment:

  1. My memories are so vivid too; turning on the tv for my daughter and the regular cbc kids programming wasn't on. I thought it was just a fire at one of the wtc towers, I switched the channel and missed the second plane hitting. When I called my husband at work in Toronto (like the many people in New York, working in an office tower) and I described the carnage, he pictured the plane flying through the building and then crashing to the ground. I had to explain it to him. I remember bursting into tears for weeks afterwards imagining people heading to work and one hour later making the decision to jump from an 80th floor window to their deaths. It changed me forever. My daugher (who was three) asked me about a week later if the planes were still flying into the buildings. I knew I had to stop watching the footage. We've talked a lot about it this past week, but my girls don't really understand - the fear, the sadness, the shock, no planes in the air for a week, the after effects like the stock market taking a hit, increased security and the wars. I am saddened by the sense of revenge at some of the memorial speeches today. I don't like to think about the wars (most of which I think were unjust) that followed, the torture that was inflicted on both sides and the innocent deaths of children as a result. I want to spend today thinking of the victims, their hopes and dreams dashed, their memories not forgotten. Thanks for your post today...

    ReplyDelete