Navi-X Media Browser on Boxee Box

Monday, July 18, 2011 AnnMarie Brown 1 Comments


I just got around to downloading the Navi-X Media Browser on Boxee Box. I am not sure why I didn't download it sooner. I just love it!!!!! Right now we are watching some of the TV shows streamed over it. What great quality of some old shows.

This is a definite must have for Boxee Box users. You can browse thousands of movies, tv shows and podcasts from just one browser. I am amazed at what this browser can do.

So what is Navi-X? It is a little hard to put into words so I just went to the Navi-X FAQ on their own site as it puts it best.

Navi-X is a “content aggregator” that provides access to all kinds of multimedia content, listed on a public directory of user contributed listings or playlists for playing on your TV or PC!

Simply put, Navi-X is a collection of playlists. Some of these playlists are official RSS feeds from around the web; some are user-generated playlists. All off them offer content you can stream. The point is, there’s a lot of content collected here. Take some time to look around.


How to install on Boxee Box????
From the Boxee Home Screen. Go to "Apps" to get to the App Library or My Apps. Go to "Repositories" in the left slide-out menu. Click on "Add Repository". Type in the repository's address into the URL bar : http://tinyurl.com/navixforboxee . Select "Done" and confirm that the repository has been added to the repository list on the following My Repositories screen. Now open the new Repository you added and select the app(s) you want and click "Add To My Apps". Now go back to "My Apps" and the newly added app will be added to your customized list.

Take some time and look around at it... I am still exploring this app for the boxee box and I am so glad I downloaded it... so much available in one place.

1 comment:

  1. Gerald put it on ours too - we haven't watched a lot on it yet but have skimmed through the shows - looks pretty good to us too

    ReplyDelete