Saving More....

Friday, February 12, 2010 AnnMarie Brown 0 Comments

We are a family of six living off of one tight income presently and it does have it challenges.All of which are always worth it. It forces you to evaluate and sometimes re-evaluate what's necessary, what you can do without, and what things (though maybe not necessary) are worth some sacrifice to get.

While there are definitely exceptions to this rule, I have found that if you can make it or grow it yourself, you will save a ton of money! A few years ago I purchased some material with the intent of learning how to sew better. I have started to make a few things and my oldest daughter is always sewing. I cook most of our meals from scratch for two reasons it is cheaper and tastes much better. I even learned how to make pies and I don't care for pies so this is a big step for me. I am still trying to perfect a bread recipe so that I do not have have to purchase the dreaded bread that is so expensive but much more convenient.

There is another thing I need to go back to making and that is my laundry soap for years I was making my own laundry soap and then I slipped back into convenience with my youngest child came into our lives. It is time to get back on track as I am always breaking out from the detergents I buy. So off to make some laundry detergent and fabric softener and putting some more money to better use to support our family.

What are you doing to save money?

0 comment luv: