How do you save money on food:

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 AnnMarie Brown 0 Comments

I thought I would do a post on how I save money with food so that you can all comment and share how you save money on food.

  1. Cooking from scratch - I find it actually saves us money and it tastes a whole lot better. The initial start up with cooking from scratch is costly but in the end it is a great savings.
  2. Buying in bulk - I try to buy all our grains, beans, peas and such from a local bulk food store.
  3. Look for sales and mark downs on products you use - the key is on products you use if you don't normally use the item it really isn't a deal no matter how low it is priced. I find meat is marked down at most grocery stores local to me first thing in the morning and I tend to get some really good deals by heading out first thing and picking up some of the deals.
  4. Eating at home - this keeps our budget just for groceries and not eating out.
  5. Menu planning - knowing what we are eating during the week always helps keep us on track.
  6. We eat our leftovers the next day at lunch.
  7. Last but not least is coupons - I find ones for the products we use and combine them with sales to get them at the lowest possible price.

0 comment luv: