Peace and Joy

Sunday, August 02, 2009 AnnMarie Brown 0 Comments

I really want to believe that people don't hurt other people on purpose. I assume that everyone is kind and honest deep down. I tend to forget that people are human - and flawed. Just like me.

Lately I have been on the receiving end of a lot of hurt. I know I have also hurt people in the past but it really does sting. I often sit back and think of Paul in Romans and how he must have felt. I try to have all the attributes of a Christian.. kind, loving, merciful... but I know I don't make it there all the time. ButI'm blessed because I know I'm saved by grace - and not only saved by grace, but also into grace.

I am facing many trials and struggles... and I can look to no one but God.

I am longing for a community of friends that will come and hold us up in prayer, be there when I need a shoulder to cry on. Hold me up when I am so burdened with life that it feels like I can't stand on my own. Be there to encourage me as we go through this life and trials that are part of it. I need a lot of encouragement right now. Things at times are getting overwhelming to a point that I just don't know anymore. Life is throwing punches... the thing is I see a light but it won't be here until the end of September and that is only if A, B and C happen... pray for A, B and C please. Pray hard!

Getting this on paper has really given me a sense of peace... if you are reading this thank you so much.

I am claiming the joy in my every day life.... enjoying this moment... the breeze coming through the open window... the way my hair is moving... it feels so comforting. The beautiful sun of God's creation.... shining through the blinds. The leaves are green... the flowers are in bloom and the scent is wonderful.

The joy is right before me... I am going to grab it and hold on!!!!

0 comment luv: