This week.....

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 AnnMarie Brown 0 Comments

What can I say about this week...

This week is a big week here at our house. My husband's last day of work is Friday. At a company he has worked at for the last 13 1/2 years. Not only is he being permanently laid off the company is actually closing it's doors here too. Such a sad loss for our community. So many lives are being touched by this not only people who work there but their suppliers as well. We are grateful for the wonderful income they gave us for the last 13 1/2 years. I am not sure my husband will find anywhere else with the medical benefits he had not the wages. But without both of those things we would not have lived the life we have lived. So for that we are grateful.

God is opening a new chapter in our lives. There is quite a bit of unknown at this point so we are trusting in Him totally as we move forward. My husband was permanently injured at this job so he will have to go on WSIB. We are uncertain how long that will take to kick in. We know that he will probably have to go back for some retraining through a program with WSIB which we are completely okay with. It is just not knowing when this will all begin that is hard. Like I said so many unknowns. The list is actually longer than that I am just sharing a few things. But again it comes to trusting God in this and in all things. Knowing that He is in control and that we are not in control.

Ladies Mini Winter Retreat - is this coming Friday and although I signed up to go I know that I cannot go at this time. It is officially my husband's last day of work and I need to be there for him. I know it is going to be a hard day for him and God has placed it on my heart that my place is to be with my husband at this time as he says good-bye to friends and co-workers that he has worked with for the last 13+ years. I just can't imagine how it feels.

Well that is the week around here... pretty quite with a whole lot of prayer.

0 comment luv: